We provide two types of travel insurance:
AIG Travel Insurance
AIG's Travel Insurance plan is tailored to meet all needs of students, groups, individuals, and corporate business travelers, with coverage for accidental injuries, medical expenses, loss of personal effects and travel delays; hijack, personal liability and legal expenses.
Catalyst Safari Shield (Travel Cover)
The Catalyst inbound travel cover offers 24 hours assistance for the following travel benefits up to a maximum of 30 consecutive days while visiting Kenya and Tanzania:
SECTION A – Personal Assistance
- Medical Expenses and hospitalization – Provides coverage for the usual, customary, necessary and reasonable costs of hospitalization, surgery, medical fees and pharmaceutical products, prescribed by the attending doctor up to a limit of $100,000. The costs of dental assistance are also covered up to a limit of $650. Both benefits have an excess of $65 (meaning the first $65 of the claim to be borne by the insured).
- Transport and Repatriation Benefits – Takes charge of transferring or repatriating the Insured to a properly equipped health centre or to his/her usual country of residence. Repatriation costs of immediate family members are also covered if the insured is hospitalized or deceased. Costs of repatriation of mortal remains of the insured are also provided for under this cover.
- Other important Personal Assistance Services – The cover provides compensation for emergency phone calls to friends and relatives in case the insured is hospitalized. Relay of urgent messages, advance of bail bond and funds and legal defence benefits are also provided to the insured while on travel.
SECTION B – Personal Accident 24 hours
- This provides a compensation of $30,000 to the nominated beneficiary of the insured in case of Death or Permanent Total Disability of the insured whilst on travel.
SECTION C – Losses and Delays
- Cancellation Expenses and Curtailment – The insurer will meet the cost of the reimbursement up to a limit of $1,950 with an excess of $260 of the travel cancellation expenses charged to the insured provided he/ she cancels the trip before it starts and due to an emergency situation.
- Compensation for loss of airline checked-in baggage – The cover offers compensation for any loss of baggage of the insured that was checked-in to the aircraft. Hand luggage is excluded under this consideration.
- Delayed Departure and Arrival of Luggage – The insurer will provide compensation for delays of arrival of luggage and flight delays after a certain time excess period and up to the limits of coverage defined for this plan.
- The Catalyst Safari Shield basic travel insurance package does not cover any Adventure or Extreme sports and covers only game drive observation activities contracted with Catalyst Travels Ltd.
- Cover for aerial safaris (helicopter, hot air balloons, micro-light and fixed wing flights, etc.), are available as an add-on to the Catalyst Safari Shield.
- Any pre-existing covers of the insured are excluded under this travel insurance. Please refer to the policy wordings for comprehensive information on the above mentioned points.